Placeography:Featured place/2019-03

From Placeography

Revision as of 23:07, March 8, 2019 by Mdougla (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Image:Mdougla--8141.jpg 300dpi.jpg
Schneider-Bulera House, 365 Michigan Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota

In 1869 Franz Joseph and Barbara Schneider, an Austrian couple, moved into the house as renters, and purchased the house in 1871. Much of the land to the west of Michigan Street (then called Von Minden) was sparsely settled rolling prairie. Franz used the property as part of his dairy farm, and a barn and chicken coop were constructed to the rear of the lot. Incredibly, the house stayed in the Schneider family for 118 years. It was sold to the West Seventh/Fort Road Federation in 1987. The Federation transferred the house to the Uppertown Preservation League. In 1999 builder and historian John Yust saved the house from near collapse by placing it on a new foundation. The house was restored and sold to new owner occupants

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]