Longfellow House, 4800 Minnehaha Avenue South, Minneapolis

From Placeography

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{Infobox Building |building_name=Longfellow House |building_number=4800 |street=Minnehaha |street_suffix=Avenue |direction=S |building_location=Minnehaha Park |city-locality=Minneapolis |...)
Line 13: Line 13:
|primary_style=Georgian
|primary_style=Georgian
|moved=4001 Minnehaha Parkway
|moved=4001 Minnehaha Parkway
-
|historic_function=Single Dwelling
 
|current_function=Museum
|current_function=Museum
|first_owner=Robert F. Jones
|first_owner=Robert F. Jones
 +
|building_image1=pf021479.jpg
 +
|caption1=Longfellow House in 1928
|notes=Robert F. Jones House
|notes=Robert F. Jones House
}}
}}
{{Location
{{Location
-
|Coordinates=44.912271° N, 93.207374° W
+
|Coordinates=44.912271,-93.207374
}}
}}
{{AddaMemory}}
{{AddaMemory}}
{{Textarea Building
{{Textarea Building
-
|house_intro=This house is a 2/3 scale replica of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow house in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  It was built for Robert F. "Fish" Jones, who operated a zoo in this location called Longfellow Gardens.
+
|house_intro=This house is a 2/3 scale replica of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow house in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  It was built for Robert F. "Fish" Jones, who operated a zoo in this location called Longfellow Gardens.
|house_chronology=Robert F. Jones died in 1930.  The Minneapolis Park Board acquired the house in 1934.  The house served as a public library branch from the mid-1930's until 1968.  It was moved in the mid-1990's as part of the widening of Highway 55.  Now restored, it serves as an interpretive and information center for the Minneapolis Park System.
|house_chronology=Robert F. Jones died in 1930.  The Minneapolis Park Board acquired the house in 1934.  The house served as a public library branch from the mid-1930's until 1968.  It was moved in the mid-1990's as part of the widening of Highway 55.  Now restored, it serves as an interpretive and information center for the Minneapolis Park System.
}}
}}

Revision as of 16:35, December 18, 2007

Edit with form

Longfellow House

Longfellow House in 1928
Address: 4800 Minnehaha Avenue S
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1906
Primary Style: Georgian
Moved from Location: 4001 Minnehaha Parkway
Current Function: Museum
First Owner: Robert F. Jones
Notes: Robert F. Jones House

Minneapolis Hennepin

Longfellow House, 4800 Minnehaha Avenue South, Minneapolis
(44.912271,-93.207374warning.png"44.912271.-93.207374" is not a number. )


This house is a 2/3 scale replica of the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow house in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It was built for Robert F. "Fish" Jones, who operated a zoo in this location called Longfellow Gardens.

Contents

History

Robert F. Jones died in 1930. The Minneapolis Park Board acquired the house in 1934. The house served as a public library branch from the mid-1930's until 1968. It was moved in the mid-1990's as part of the widening of Highway 55. Now restored, it serves as an interpretive and information center for the Minneapolis Park System.

Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]