John G. Gluek Mansion, 2447 Bryant Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Placeography

Revision as of 18:35, April 18, 2008 by Mdougla (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

John G. Gluek Mansion

Address: 2447 Bryant Avenue S
Neighborhood/s: Lowry Hill, Minneapolis, Minnesota, East, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1902
Primary Style: Georgian
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Current Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Architect or source of design: William H. Kenyan (House) Boehme & Cordella (Carriage House)
Material of Exterior Wall Covering: Wood
Material of Roof: Asphalt Shingles
Material of Foundation: Limestone
First Owner: John G. Gluek

Lowry Hill, East Minneapolis Hennepin County



Henry and Tessie Bowman purchased the house in 1939 from a member of the Gluek family. Tessie lived in the house from 1939-2006. The house had few alterations over the years. Tessie Bowman was also an avid collector of objects from her Edwardian childhood including china and furniture.

Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

[1]New Life for the Gluek House

[2] Tessie's Treasures

[3]City of Minneapolis Landmarks & Historic Districts

[4]Tessie Bowman's Obituary


1. A collector's items now on sale ; Before a historic house changes hands, a vast array of antiques draws a crowd of shoppers.;

Star Tribune. Minneapolis, Minn. Mar 10, 2007. pg. 1.B METRO Edition Bill McAuliffe, Staff Writer.

    Personal tools
    [ snubnosed]