Henry Heinsch House, 390 Stryker Avenue South, Saint Paul, Minnesota

From Placeography

Revision as of 01:38, November 28, 2007 by Hooverjp (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Henry Heinsch House

2007
2007
Address: 390 Stryker Avenue S
Neighborhood/s: West Side, Saint Paul, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Saint Paul, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Ramsey County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1884
Primary Style: Victorian
Historic Function: Single Dwellingwarning.png"Single Dwelling" is not in the list of possible values (House/single dwelling or duplex, Airport terminal, Apartments/condominiums, Auditorium/music facility, Bank/financial institution, Barn/agricultural building, Business, Capitol , City hall/town hall/, Civic, Clinic/medical office, Clubhouse, College/university, Correctional facility, Courthouse, Dancehall/reception area, Department store, Drive-in restaurant or business, Energy facility, Fire/police station, Fortification, Gas/filling station, Government office, Grain elevator, Hospital, Hotel/motel, Institutional housing, Library, Manufacturing facility, Meeting hall, Military facility, Mortuary/funeral home, Multiple dwelling, Museum, Office, Organizational, Park building, Post office, Public works, Rail-related, including depots, Ranger station, Religious/Place of worship, Religious facility, other, Resort/spa, Restaurant, Sanitarium, School, Shopping center/mall/strip mall, Secondary building/sheds, privies, Sports facility/stadium, Theater/concert hall, Warehouse/storage, Other) for this property.
Builder: Henry Heinsch
Building Permit Number: 646
First Owner: Henry Heinsch

West Side Saint Paul Ramsey

Henry Heinsch House, 390 Stryker Avenue South, Saint Paul, Minnesota
(44.934239,-93.08818warning.png"44.934239.-93.08818" is not a number. )


"This house was built by local carpenter Henry Heinsch in 1884. Heinsch originally settled in Fairbault, MN in the 1870's and moved to St. Paul with his young family by 1880. He lived in this house and conducted his carpentry business from the house for several years. The duplex remained in the ownership of the Heinsch family for three generations. At least five houses in the immediate neighborhood are attributed to carpenter Henry Heinsch. From 1890-ca. 1902 the second story of the house was rented by Joseph H. Clark and his family. Clark was originally from Portland, Maine and first worked for the Jackson Street Fish Market in St. Paul and later for R. E. Cobb Company, a West Side wholesale grocer. When the Clark family prospered they moved across the street to become the second owners of one of the West Side's most interesting and ornate Victorian mansions, the Heimbach House at 64 W. Delos Street. Joseph Clark's descendants lived in the house at 64 W. Delos Street until 1970"

(Historic Sites Survey)

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Ramsey County Historical Society, Inventory forms for Historic Sites Survey of St. Paul and Ramsey County, 1980-1983

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]