Enger Tower, West Skyline Parkway, Duluth, Minnesota
|Edit with form|
|Location of Structure:||Off of West Skyline Parkway, in Enger Park.|
|Neighborhood/s:||Duluth Heights, Duluth, Minnesota|
|Saint Louis County, Minnesota|
Enger Tower was dedicated by Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Martha of Norway on June 15, 1939. It was named for Bert Enger, a successful Norwegian immigrant, who left the city of Duluth two-thirds of his estate including the land for the tower and Enger Park. The site now includes Enger Tower, extensive gardens, a pavilion, hiking trails, facilities for picnicking, and the installation of a Peace Bell, a gift from Duluth's sister city Oh Ara, Japan; nearby is Enger Golf Course. For generations this has been a popular location for family picnics and school outings.
In September 2009 Minnesota Public Radio reported that Enger Tower needs renovation work in order to prevent further deterioration and preserve the structure.