Collins Building, 240 West Main Street, Richmond, Kentucky

From Placeography

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Current revision (23:30, January 19, 2009) (view source)
 
Line 5: Line 5:
|state-province=Kentucky
|state-province=Kentucky
|country=United States
|country=United States
-
|building_image1=1988-09-10.jpg
+
|building_image1=1988-09-150.jpg
}}
}}
{{Location}}
{{Location}}

Current revision

Edit with form
City/locality-
State/province
Richmond, Kentucky
County-
State/province:
Madison County, Kentucky
State/province: Kentucky
Country: United States

Richmond Madison County


The Collins Building was constructed as a furniture store, replacing a livery stable that had burned on this site in 1890. A triangular pediment to the name and date stone crowns this three-story structure. In addition to the difference in height, this building also is broader than others, thus serving as an intermediary between the high, broad Glyndon Hotel (MAR-6) on the corner and those smaller buildings to the east. The window sills are stone, as is a string course directly below the second-story windows. The third-story window openings are arched and plain. The Collins Building is decorated with stamped-metal window hoods on the second-story windows and a paneled cornice with brackets.

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]