205 West 33rd Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Placeography

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{Infobox Building |building_number=205 |street=33rd |street_suffix=Street |direction=W |city-locality=Minneapolis |neighborhood=Lyndale |county=Hennepin |county_suffix=County |state-provi...)
(A short history of the house located at 205 West 33rd Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Line 20: Line 20:
}}
}}
{{Location
{{Location
-
|Coordinates=44.94267322241706° N, 93.28180074691772° W
+
|Coordinates=44.942673222417° N, 93.281800746918° W
}}
}}
{{AddaMemory}}
{{AddaMemory}}
-
{{Textarea Building}}
+
{{Textarea Building
 +
|house_intro=According to the abstract of title, it appears that this house was built during 1891-1892, after which all the mechanic's liens on the property were paid off.  In the first 10 years of its existance the house was sold 5 times, probably because of problems associated with the financial panic of 1892.  The house was bought by Alva Harry Kirk in 1902.  Mr. Kirk was a miller in Fergus Falls, Minnesota and moved his family to Minneapolis after his mill burned.  Mr. Kirk invented an automatic grain tempering machine that added moisture to grain before it was milled.  The moisture prevented both excessive dust during milling, which is a explosion hazard and a product loss.  He built these machines in a shop behind the house, which was converted to the present garage in the late 1960's.  Alva and his wife, Regina died in 1928, after which the house passed to his unwed daughters, Katie and Zoe and son Donald.  Donald relinquished interest in the house to his sisters immediately.  The women lived in the house until their deaths, with Katie dying last in the mid-1960's.  The house was transfered to Hennepin County in partial payment for property taxes in arrears.  The house was sold to Kermit ?? in 1966 who sold it to Robert and Nancy Hanlin in 1968.  The Hanlins raised their family in the house and sold it to Tim Cowdery and Jo Gibson, the current owners, in 1994.
 +
}}
{{Memory Header}}
{{Memory Header}}
== Photo Gallery ==
== Photo Gallery ==

Revision as of 18:19, December 6, 2010

Edit with form
Address: 205 33rd Street W
Neighborhood/s: Lyndale, Minneapolis, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1892
Primary Style: Queen Anne
Major Alterations: Intact
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Current Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Material of Exterior Wall Covering: Weatherboard
Material of Roof: Asphalt Shingles
Material of Foundation: Limestone

Lyndale Minneapolis Hennepin County

205 West 33rd Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota
(44.942673222417° N, 93.281800746918° WLatitude: 44°56′33.624″N
Longitude: 93°16′54.483″W
)


According to the abstract of title, it appears that this house was built during 1891-1892, after which all the mechanic's liens on the property were paid off. In the first 10 years of its existance the house was sold 5 times, probably because of problems associated with the financial panic of 1892. The house was bought by Alva Harry Kirk in 1902. Mr. Kirk was a miller in Fergus Falls, Minnesota and moved his family to Minneapolis after his mill burned. Mr. Kirk invented an automatic grain tempering machine that added moisture to grain before it was milled. The moisture prevented both excessive dust during milling, which is a explosion hazard and a product loss. He built these machines in a shop behind the house, which was converted to the present garage in the late 1960's. Alva and his wife, Regina died in 1928, after which the house passed to his unwed daughters, Katie and Zoe and son Donald. Donald relinquished interest in the house to his sisters immediately. The women lived in the house until their deaths, with Katie dying last in the mid-1960's. The house was transfered to Hennepin County in partial payment for property taxes in arrears. The house was sold to Kermit ?? in 1966 who sold it to Robert and Nancy Hanlin in 1968. The Hanlins raised their family in the house and sold it to Tim Cowdery and Jo Gibson, the current owners, in 1994.

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]