Wisconsin Central Railway Company Freight Depot, 381 Kellogg Boulevard East, Saint Paul, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Wisconsin Central Railway Company Freight Depot

Address: 381 Kellogg Boulevard W
Neighborhood/s: Lowertown, Saint Paul, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Saint Paul, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Ramsey County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1901
Primary Style: Victorian
Historic Function: Rail-relatedwarning.png"Rail-related" is not in the list of possible values (House/single dwelling or duplex, Airport terminal, Apartments/condominiums, Auditorium/music facility, Bank/financial institution, Barn/agricultural building, Business, Capitol , City hall/town hall/, Civic, Clinic/medical office, Clubhouse, College/university, Correctional facility, Courthouse, Dancehall/reception area, Department store, Drive-in restaurant or business, Energy facility, Fire/police station, Fortification, Gas/filling station, Government office, Grain elevator, Hospital, Hotel/motel, Institutional housing, Library, Manufacturing facility, Meeting hall, Military facility, Mortuary/funeral home, Multiple dwelling, Museum, Office, Organizational, Park building, Post office, Public works, Rail-related, including depots, Ranger station, Religious/Place of worship, Religious facility, other, Resort/spa, Restaurant, Sanitarium, School, Shopping center/mall/strip mall, Secondary building/sheds, privies, Sports facility/stadium, Theater/concert hall, Warehouse/storage, Other) for this property.
Current Function: Office
Building Permit Number: 38965

Lowertown Saint Paul Ramsey

Wisconsin Central Railway Company Freight Depot, 381 Kellogg Boulevard East, Saint Paul, Minnesota
(44.949541° N, 93.081591° WLatitude: 44°56′58.348″N
Longitude: 93°4′53.728″W
)


"One of the few late nineteenth century railroad buildings still standing in Lowertown. It was owned by the Chicago Great Western Railroad, a company that had great economic impact on the city of St. Paul" (Ramsey County Historic Sites Survey)

Contents

History

When it was built in 1901, this building was used as a freight depot for the Wisconsin Central Railway Company. Its location was convenient to the Saint Paul Union Depot and railyards. Later it was used in the same capacity by the Chicago Great Western Railway. In the early 1980's it was converted into two-story office townhouse condominiums by local developers Jerry Isaacs and David Brooks.

Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]