Westby House, 2901 East 24th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Westby House

Address: 2901 24th Street E
Neighborhood/s: Seward, Minneapolis, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1974
Primary Style: Modern
Major Alterations: Intact
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Current Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Architect or source of design: Carl Erikson
Builder: Bob Bergstrom
Material of Exterior Wall Covering: Wood
Material of Roof: Asphalt Shingles
Material of Foundation: Concrete
First Owner: Richard and Sandra Westby

Seward Minneapolis Hennepin County

Westby House, 2901 East 24th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota
(44.958993° N, 93.229414° WLatitude: 44°57′32.375″N
Longitude: 93°13′45.89″W
)


This is a contemporary, split-entrance house, the second Westby home on this property. (See 2915 East 24th Street, razed fall 1974.) According to the abstract, in May 1912 the land was purchased by Ole and Anne Westby as joint tenants from Andrew A. Borgen. The first owner was Ebenezer Wardwell (the first Minneapolis city surveyor) who purchased the land from the US government in 1860. The land continues to be owned by the Westby family.

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]