West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA), Morris, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA)

Address: 600 4th Street E
City/locality-
State/province
Morris, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Stevens County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year Established: 1910
Year Ended: 1963
Historic Function: Campus (educational)
Current Function: Campus (educational)

Morris Stevens County

West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA), Morris, Minnesota
(45.5888451° N, 95.9057066° WLatitude: 45°35′19.842″N
Longitude: 95°54′20.544″W
)
National Register of Historic Places Information
Certification date: January 15, 2003
Level of significance: State
The University of Minnesota, Morris campus has been the site of an educational institution since 1887. In that year the Sisters of Mercy established a Catholic school for Native American children on this site which, in 1896, was assumed by the federal government. Beginning in 1910, the site became the university of Minnesota’s West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA). In 1960, the University established a public liberal arts school on the campus at Morris.

Contents



Preceeded by

Morris Industrial School for Indians

Superseded by

University of Minnesota, Morris Campus

Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Campus Historic District, University of Minnesota, Morris Digital Image Collection http://contentdm.morris.umn.edu/cdm4/index_Getty.php?CISOROOT=/Getty

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]