University of Minnesota, Morris Campus, Morris, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

University of Minnesota, Morris Campus

Address: 600 4th Street E
City/locality-
State/province
Morris, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Stevens County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year Established: 1960
Historic Function: Campus (educational)
Current Function: Campus (educational)
Notes: West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station Historic District

Morris Stevens County

University of Minnesota, Morris Campus, Morris, Minnesota
(45.5888451° N, 95.9057066° WLatitude: 45°35′19.842″N
Longitude: 95°54′20.544″W
)
National Register of Historic Places Information
The University of Minnesota, Morris campus

Contents


Site History

The University of Minnesota, Morris campus has been the site of an educational institution since 1887. In that year the Sisters of Mercy established a Catholic school for Native American children on this site which, in 1896, was assumed by the federal government. Beginning in 1910, the site became the university of Minnesota’s West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA). In 1960, the University established a public liberal arts school on the campus at Morris.

Preceeded by

West Central School of Agriculture and Experiment Station (WCSA)


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]