Turner / Fitzpatrick House, Mule Shed Road, Richmond, Kentucky
|Edit with form|
|Madison County, Kentucky|
Flemish bond was laid for the front facade, while the side facades are five course common bond. Both interior en chimneys are flanked by six-light single sash windows that illuminate the attic. The original porch, only one bay wide, has been replaced by a flat roofed porch spanning three bays and supported by Tuscan columns. Nevertheless, the original sidelights, transom, and shouldered architrave trim still embellish the central doorway. A central hallway, with single rooms on either side, provides passage from an ell which was added later.
Thomas Turner was the first owner of this one-story brick Federal-style house, although by 1876 C. N. Fitzpatrick was the owner.