Saint Peter's Protestant Episcopal Church, 754-758 4th Street East, Saint Paul, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Saint Peter's Protestant Episcopal Church

2001
Address: 754 4th Street E
Neighborhood/s: Dayton's Bluff, Saint Paul, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Saint Paul, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Ramsey County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1888, 1905
Primary Style: Gothic
Secondary Style: Arts and Crafts/Craftsman
Historic Function: Religious facility, other
Current Function: Apartments/condominiums
Architect or source of design: Willcox & Johnston
Material of Exterior Wall Covering: Stone
Material of Roof: Asphalt Shingles
Material of Foundation: Limestone

Dayton's Bluff Saint Paul Ramsey

Saint Peter's Protestant Episcopal Church, 754-758 4th Street East, Saint Paul, Minnesota
(44.957374,-93.067312warning.png"44.957374.-93.067312" is not a number. )


This stone church is the only remaining 19th century church building remaining in the community. The original structure was designed by St. Paul architect William H. Willcox, formerly a leading church designer in Chicago and New York City. The major part of the sanctuary was added in 1905 by Clarence Johnston, designer of the Minnesota State Historical Society and the State Office Building, located to either side of the Minnesota State Capitol. The church is built of Platteville limestone trimmed with brownstone and is rendered in the Victorian Gothic/Craftsman Gothic styles. This church was once an important meeting place for the wealthier New England stock in the neighborhood. The structure was converted to condominiums in the 1970s. [1] [1]

Contents


Memories and stories

Badges

65}px This place is part of the
Dayton's Bluff Historic District


65}px This place is part of the
Dayton's Bluff Driving Tour


Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]