Saint Mary's Hospital, 2414 7th Street South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
|Edit with form|
Saint Mary's Hosptital
|Address:||2414 7th Street S|
|Neighborhood/s:||Cedar Riverside, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Hennepin County, Minnesota|
|Material of Exterior Wall Covering:||Brick|
|Notes:||Former address for this building prior to 1959 was 2500 6th Street South.|
In 1986 St. Mary's Hospital merged with nearby Fairview Hospital. Later Fairview-St. Mary's merged with the University of Minnesota Hospitals. The former St. Mary's Hospital is now part of the University of Minnesota Medical Center Fairview campus.
St. Mary's Hospital was built about 1900. Like many Catholic hospitals at that time, it was largely staffed by nuns.