Form:City added to help with the creation of city pages.
- E-mailing functionality finally added. Now folks can receive email notifications if someone updates a watched page. 2008- 10-08
- Placeography locked down and moved off of IIS server to new Apache server. -- 2008- 10-02 / 2008- 10-04
- Portal for Preserve Minneapolis added -- 2008-09-23
- Portal for Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest added -- 2008-09-23
- Architectural Styles pages added. -- 2008-08-13
- Neighborhood pages moved to their own form and template (off of "Site" template and form) and red links now point to 'add data' form. Mediawiki article on subject. -- 2008-08-13
- Portal for Elliot Park Neighborhood, Inc. added -- 2008-07-24
- Functionality to Pointing red links to an 'add data' form has been added. The city form is the first one to take full advantage of this. -- 2008-07-21
- Bumped up Semantic Forms to Version 1.2.8 --2008-07-21
- A form for city pages has been added to help with the creation of city pages. -- 2008-07-21
- Placeography presented at Drupal Daze -- 2008-07-20
- Placeography will be moving off IIS server to Apache soon, hopefully this will mean better more logical URLs as well as better performance.
- Minor site changes to improve speed.
- Google Map (non-semantic) was disabled to improve speed and it appears to have gotten little use since the Google Semantic Map was activated.
- Semantic Drill down disabled. It was been little used at this point, it will probably be reinstalled in the future.
- Google Analytics was disabled. It appeared to have severely slowed down page loading time. I will look into reinstalling it at sometime in the future if speed can be improved.
- Major site software Updates - 2008-06-18
After not upgrading the software for months I have finally updated Sematic Mediawiki (v1.1.2) and Sematic Forms (v1.2.3) to the most current version, The upgrades fixes signifcant bugs as well as adds improvements such as booleans which will allow for radio and checkboxes in the forms. Still need to upgrade Mediawiki itself.
- Simplifed the creating a portal process
- Placeography demonstrated at the Museums and the Web 2008 Conference in Montreal, Canada
- Placeography reaches over 500 articles|Placeography reaches 500 articles
- Portal for Friends of the Riverfront added
- User profile information form added
- Portal for Minnesota Historic Society added
- Portal for Historic Saint Paul added
- Portal for Ramsey County Historical Society added
- Portal for Dayton's Bluff District Council added
- Placeography featured on KSTP News
- Portal for Richfield Historical Society added