Placeography:Featured place/2008-05

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
John W. Smith House

This two-story brick and stucco home ia a Prairie Style derivative originally built for John W. Smith in 1915. The original home was designed by Dorr and Dorr Architects. In 2000 the front porch was remodeled and a new entry door was added. At the same time the original front stoop was replaced and new sidewalk to the house incorporating planters and retaining walls was constructed. The addition won a Preservation Award in 1998 from the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission and an award from Custom Home magazine in 2000.

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]