Longfellow Field, Minnehaha Avenue and East 28th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota (1911-1917)
|Edit with form|
|Location of Site:||Minnehaha Avenue and East 28th Street|
|Neighborhood/s:||Longfellow, Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Hennepin County, Minnesota|
|State/province:|| Minnesota |
|Current Function:||Commercial district|
Longfellow Field consisted of a little over four acres of land located next to the first Longfellow School. It was a very popular spot for city sports events since it was convenient to the streetcar lines. In 1917 the park board decided to sell the land to a manufacturing firm, the Minneapolis Steel and Machinery Company, for $35,000. It was subsequently moved about a mile southeast to its present location at Longfellow Park.