Faribault, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search


Edit with form
Faribault, Minnesota
State Minnesota
Year founded unknown
Year Incorporated unknown
Country: United States
Population unknownwarning.png"unknown" is not a number.

Alexander Faribault, an early fur-trader and entrepreneur, founded the town site in 1852 to take advantage of its scenic qualities, abundant resources, and strategic location. In the 1860's, Faribault gained national recognition as an educational and religious center due in large measure to the efforts of Bishop Henry Whipple in developing a system of interrelated churches and schools. This, along with the establishment of the highly acclaimed State Academies for the Blind and Deaf, led Faribault to be known as 'Athens of the West'.


Contents

Buildings in Faribault, Minnesota

# Street Neighborhood
Alexander Faribault House, 12 Northeast 1st Avenue, Faribault, Minnesota 1212 1st Avenue NE
Faribault County Courthouse, 415, North Main Street, Fairbault, Minnesota 415415 Main Street N
Rice County Courthouse, 218 N.W. 3rd Street, Faribault, Minnesota 218218 3rd Street NW


Structures in Faribault, Minnesota

Sites in Faribault, Minnesota

Neighborhood
Faribault State School and Hospital, Faribault, Minnesota
Minnesota School for the Deaf, 615 Olof Hanson Drive, Faribault, Minnesota
Minnesota State Academy for the Blind, 400 Southeast Sixth Avenue, Faribault, Minnesota
Shattuck-Saint Mary's School, 1000 Shumway Avenue, Faribault, Minnesota


Tours in Faribault, Minnesota



Related Links

http://www.faribault.org/about/history

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]