Collins Building, 240 West Main Street, Richmond, Kentucky
|Edit with form|
|Madison County, Kentucky|
The Collins Building was constructed as a furniture store, replacing a livery stable that had burned on this site in 1890. A triangular pediment to the name and date stone crowns this three-story structure. In addition to the difference in height, this building also is broader than others, thus serving as an intermediary between the high, broad Glyndon Hotel (MAR-6) on the corner and those smaller buildings to the east. The window sills are stone, as is a string course directly below the second-story windows. The third-story window openings are arched and plain. The Collins Building is decorated with stamped-metal window hoods on the second-story windows and a paneled cornice with brackets.