Cammack Building, Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond, Kentucky
|Edit with form|
The two-story building is similar in design to surrounding buildings, particularly the adjacent Roarck Building (MASE-9), in its representation of the Classical Revival style. A single-story flat-roofed portico is the central feature of the main facade. Its Doric columns flank the main entrance which contains double doors below a fanlight. A raised basement of ashlar stone gives additional height to the brick structure, while brick quoins provide visual weight to the projecting wings. The side facades consist of central pedimented pavilions.
Named for James W. Cammack, a member of the first Board of Regents of Eastern Kentucky State Normal School, the Cammack Building was constructed in 1918 at a cost of $67,000. Used as the training school facility from 1918 to 1930, at one time it also housed the library.