300 Clifton Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

300 Clifton

Address: 300 Clifton Avenue
Neighborhood/s: Loring Park, Minneapolis, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1906
Primary Style: Georgian
Secondary Style: Colonial Revival
Major Alterations: Intact
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Current Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Architect or source of design: Edwin Hawley Hewitt
Material of Exterior Wall Covering: Wood
Material of Roof: Shingle
Material of Foundation: Limestone
First Owner: Eugene J. Carpenter

Loring Park Minneapolis Hennepin County

National Register of Historic Places Information
Reference Number: 77001566
Level of significance: National
Primary Style: Georgian
Secondary Style: Colonial Revival


300 Clifton (former Eugene J. Carpenter House), in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, is a house listed on the National Register of Historic Places added in 1977. The original owner, Eugene J. Carpenter, was a family member and executive of Carpenter Brothers Lumber Company, as well as vice-chairman of the Minneapolis Society of Fine Arts. The Carpenter Family was partially responsible for the implementation of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, The Minnesota Orchestra and Orchestra Hall. Mrs. E.J. Carpenter was a prominent founder of the Minneapolis Art movement, a member of the national and well known member and contributor to the state and local Minneapolis Garden Society.

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

300 Clifton

National Register Nomination

Heritage Preservation Commission Report

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]