2915 East 24th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota (Razed)

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form
Address: 2915 24th Street E
Neighborhood/s: Seward, Minneapolis, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: ca 1912
Year razed: 1974
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex

Seward Minneapolis Hennepin County

2915 East 24th Street, Minneapolis, Minnesota (Razed)
(44.9591742° N, 93.2290214° WLatitude: 44°57′33.027″N
Longitude: 93°13′44.477″W
)


The first Westby home on this property. (See 2901 East 24th Street, the family's second house built in 1974.) This building was razed in the fall of 1974 after completion of the new home. According to the abstract, in May 1912 the land was purchased by Ole and Anne Westby as joint tenants from Andrew A. Borgen. The first owner was Ebenezer Wardwell (the first Minneapolis city surveyor) who purchased the land from the US government in 1860. The land continues to be owned by the Westby family.

Contents


Memories and stories

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]